Over two weeks, you will venture from the bustling, colourful cities and historical sights of India’s Rajasthan to the peaceful towns and scenic valleys of Bhutan. You’ll really get a feel for the contrasting cultures, pace of life and varied landscapes as your local guides take you off the beaten track and reveal the stories and secrets of each location to you.
In India’s Golden Triangle, you will enjoy the must-see highlights, both cultural and architectural, before flying to Bhutan to immerse yourself in the well-preserved culture and pristine natural beauty across the country. Along the way, we have suggested some charming and comfortable accommodation options in great locations and you’ll have time each day to relax at your hotel.
- Get a feel for the cultural contrasts between Rajasthan and Bhutan as your local guides open up the history of each city to you, meeting and interacting with locals along the way
- Enjoy the highlights of India’s Golden Triangle - the bustling streets of Delhi, magnificent Taj Mahal and Pink City of Jaipur - while also having unique and personal experiences along the way
- Gain a rare insight into local life outside Delhi as you walk through the 14th-century village of Nizamuddin with a local guide
- Surround yourself with the natural beauty of Bhutan on scenic walks, with the most iconic being the hike to the magnificent Tiger’s Nest or Taktsang Monastery
- Experience the peaceful Bhutanese mindset firsthand through visits to monasteries and dzongs, watching prayer ceremonies and taking part in traditional arts and crafts
- Having a private and knowledgeable English-speaking guide and driver with you every step of the way, ensuring a smooth and relaxing holiday
As with all our holidays, this itinerary is just a starting point. We can tailor it completely to suit your budget, pace and style. To find out more about how this suggested itinerary could inspire your own holiday, fill in the form below.