Our Rebranding Journey

by mattbrazier December 21, 2017 12 comments

Hopefully you’ve noticed by now: we’ve got a brand new look which we are very excited to be sharing with all of you ETGers.

We just wanted to let you know how it will work, so you will know what to expect. Changing everything at once would mean wastage and that’s not what we’re about. Instead we’ll change things gradually as and when we run out of the older material.

We’ve also got some exciting stories to tell as part of this new look and we’re going to share these with you over the next few months…

For more on our new look, head to the bottom of this page…

What has our new look so far? (as March 2018)

1. Our website – https://www.experiencetravelgroup.com/
  2. Our blog – voila – you are here
  3. Our client portal
  4. The documentation you receive after you’ve booked a holiday
  5. Our automatic pre-departure emails if you’ve booked a holiday
  6. Most of the documentation you receive just before you travel

What will still be in ETG ‘Classic’?

1. What you’ll see when you arrive in country – a car sticker, a name board, your guide in an ETG shirt, etc…
  2. Some of our final documents
  3. Some of the downloadable content on our website
  4. Stationary that we don’t want to throw away – envelopes, business cards, comp slips, letter headed paper etc!

So what does it all mean to me?

Well, in all honestly, probably not a great deal – but if you are partial to a bit of design, then hopefully you’ll enjoy the more unified and fresher look. We do think that the stories that we’ve put together might help inspire you to travel. We’re releasing them slowly during 2018 so watch this space. ETG clients will see them first.

So why did you change your look?

We wanted our visual look to better represent the type of travellers you are. You want to be in it, out there. Asking questions and finding answers. Finding yourself in worlds unknown. Finding the path less trodden. Meeting people with a different story to tell.

In short: you’re an inquisitive bunch and we wanted to reflect that and perhaps, pique that curiosity a little more.

12 comments

Mu Tucker December 21, 2017 - 5:59 pm

Well to be Honest I don’t really like the new look. I don’t get the branding idea either and the logo is nothing special.
I did like the previous look but I appreciate that you now deal with many more areas than Sri Lanka So it wasn’t appropriate any more. Good luck anyway.

Sam Clark December 22, 2017 - 9:30 am

Dear Muriel,

That’s a shame, but thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I do hope it grows on you!

Hopefully, the idea behind it will make a bit more sense once you start to see some of the photos and stories. Do head on over to our website and see the new look there too. It’s exactly the same site as before but has a cleaner feel which we hope will help our clients find the information they are looking for.

Kind regards,

Sam Clark
Co-founder & MD

Bella December 22, 2017 - 5:28 pm

Quite like it, works better on my phone!

Amelia Curran December 27, 2017 - 1:10 pm

Hi Bella,

Thanks for your feedback – glad you like it! Making the site more mobile/tablet-friendly was one of our priorities so great to hear that it’s been working well for you.

Kind regards,
Amelia Curran
Content Editor

Jaret Elbert January 14, 2018 - 8:48 am

Just terrific. Very unique and engaging presentation that doesn’t look like everyone else. Your stories, photos, captions all suggest unique experiences and thoughtful planning. (may not true, but I was captivated). Sadly, I discovered your site after our plans were made….but find myself unable to stop reading. For next visit to Asia, I’ll be back. By the way, I’m a professional advertising writer, so I’m hard to impress. Job well done!.

Amelia Curran January 15, 2018 - 11:31 am

Hi Jaret,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m delighted to hear it’s made such a great impression – particularly on a professional! We have lots more stories coming up so please do keep reading – and, of course, get in touch whenever you’re ready to talk about your next trip.

Enjoy your upcoming holiday and hope to hear from you next time.

Many thanks,
Amelia Curran
Content Editor

David January 14, 2018 - 11:03 pm

We are new customers to ETG so the look and branding is not news to us. What has stood out so far however is the Experience of booking with you. Our holiday to Thailand is still to come (end of this month) but the info you send is helping us build on the expectation we have…..looking good, its like we are almost there already so please keep it up. Oh, and Thank You

Amelia Curran January 15, 2018 - 10:31 am

Hi David,

Thanks very much for your comment. I’m so pleased you’ve had a positive booking experience so far – I’m sure you’ll have a fantastic time in Thailand as well. Please do of course let us know if there is anything else we can do in the build-up to your trip.

Many thanks,
Amelia
Content Editor

Andy and Esther Urbanczyk January 15, 2018 - 2:26 pm

We would like to replicate what David commented about only yesterday. We feel the same having been very impressed with all that happened before and after the booking of our upcoming adventure in Sri Lanka. Keep up the fantastic work and we look forward to reading your stories and more.

Amelia Curran January 15, 2018 - 3:41 pm

Hi Andy and Esther,

Thank you very much for your comment – it really is wonderful to hear. I’m sure you’ll have a fantastic time once you’re off on your adventure as well – Sri Lanka is an amazing place.

Have a brilliant holiday and thanks again for your support.

Kind regards,
Amelia Curran
Content Editor

Kathy Dunce May 12, 2018 - 7:49 am

Hi Matt

Although I do like the fresher look of the re-brand, I don’t know that it would have made any difference to my initial decision to travel with ETG. I make up my mind whether to book with a company once I’ve spoken to a Real Person! In ETG’s case, I was really impressed with every aspect of my (perfect) holiday from the initial planning to reviewing my photos when we returned – as I say, its brand image wasn’t a key element in that process. I love the stories and, although I don’t need any encouragement to travel, they are always very enticing…!

Amelia Curran May 16, 2018 - 11:54 am

Hi Kathy

I’m just jumping in as Matt is out of the office at the moment. Thanks very much for your feedback! I do agree that what’s “on the inside” (so to speak) is more important – so while I’m pleased you like the look, even happier to hear you had an excellent holiday. The stories will keep on coming and I very much hope you travel ETG again in future.

Kind regards