Borneo is a fantastic family destination: the wildlife, marine life, indigenous culture and tropical surroundings are the perfect ingredients for an unforgettable holiday together. This suggested holiday itinerary takes in some of the best highlights of the country; it will please all ages with a combination of fun and interactive activities, wildlife spotting and beach fun. Accommodation is family friendly and the pace has been set to avoid too many flights and long journeys.
- Get an introduction to indigenous life in a countryside homestay.
- Spot birds and butterflies in World Heritage-listed Kinabalu Park.
- Interact with rescued orangutans in Kabili-Sepilok Forest Reserve.
- Look out for elephants, proboscis monkeys, orangutans and more as you sail along the Kinabatangan River.
- Enjoy a gentle white-water rafting adventure on the Kiulu River.
- The choice between relaxation and adventure on Gaya Island. Great resort facilties, brilliant snorkelling and interesting jungle trails around a tropical island.