This suggested holiday takes in eight days in Malaysian Borneo staying in simple lodges in jungles and national parks. Follow your Borneo adventure by five days in Langkawi, an island off the west coast of "Peninsular" Malaysia where you'll stay in a lovely boutique-style beach hotel.
An itinerary along these lines is a great way to ensure good beach weather as Langkawi has opposite seasons to those on the islands off-Borneo. This holiday is also an excellent way to take in the highlights of two contrasting regions of Malaysia.
- See the 'man of the forest' - the orangutans in Sepilok
- Marvel at the incredible scenery of Bako National Park.
- Look for pygmy elephants, 300 bird species and ten species of primate along the Kinabatangan River
- Take guided nocturnal jungle tours and listen to the hum of the jungle after dark
- Explore the majestic Mulu caves - the longest cave chamber in the world
- Relax on the sandy beaches of beautiful Langkawi
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.