This suggested holiday takes in eight days in Malaysian Borneo staying in simple lodges in jungles and national parks. The Borneo adventure is followed by five days in Langkawi off the west coast of "Peninsular" Malaysia where you'll stay in a lovely boutique-style beach hotel. An itinerary along these lines is a great way to ensure good beach weather at the certain times of the year as Langkawi has totally opposite seasons to those on the islands off Borneo. This holiday is also an excellent way to take in the highlights of two contrasting parts of Malaysia.
- Get up close to orangutans in Sepilok.
- Marvel at the incredible scenery and spot monkeys at Bako National Park.
- Look for pygmy elephants, 300 bird species and 10 species of primate along the Kinabatangan.
- Take guided noctural jungle tours and listen to the hum of the jungle after dark.
- Explore the majestic Mulu caves - the longest cave chamber in the world.
- Take in the diverse culture, cuisine and architecture of Kuching.
- Explore the jungle and spot wildlife along the Kinabatangan river.
- Relax on the sandy beaches of beautiful Langkawi.
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.