This suggested holiday itinerary is a dream for nature lovers who want their holiday to take in some remarkable wildlife in its natural habitat followed by beach-time at a beautiful luxury resort.
The holiday brings together the astonishing wildlife of Malaysian Borneo with the glorious beaches and charming culture of Bali. Like Bali itself, a large part of Borneo falls within Indonesia but it is actually easier to combine Bali with Malaysian Borneo as there are direct flights from Kota Kinabalu.
This trip takes in The Kinabatangan River and Danum Valley Conservation Area in Borneo where you’ll find a diversity of mammals, birds and reptiles in an exceptionally beautiful natural setting. Explore jungle trails and canopy walkways while keeping watch for elephants, orangutans and maybe even the elusive Clouded Leopard. You’ll also have time to explore Kota Kinabalu and its national park before flying directly to Bali and the wonderful Belmond Jimbaran Bali resort.
- Taking a unique guided walk through “KL”. Taste regional street-food like the locals and get a feel for the influences that have shaped this diverse and intriguing city.
- Boating down the Kinabatangan River spotting elephants, orangutans and gibbons.
- Listening to the hum of the jungle in one of Malaysia’s absolute best wildlife spots, Danum Valley Conservation Area.
- Exploring the beautiful and varied flora and fauna in Mount Kinabalu National Park.
- Sampling freshly caught seafood as the sun sets on Jimbaran Bay in Bali.
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.