Oman is a surprisingly vast, varied and beautiful country with a big, warm welcome. If you have 2-3 weeks to spare, then you have time to experience its diversity and charm. What follows is a suggestion for a two-week itinerary covering much of the country. But since all our holidays are designed entirely for you, this can, of course, be adjusted according to your timeframe, preferred pace and interests.
This trip will take you from the fjord lands of the northern tip down to the lush tropics of the south - discovering dramatic mountain canyons, empty deserts and peaceful beaches en route. As with all ETG holidays, your own private guide will be on hand to reveal the country's beauty and help you get under the surface of its fascinating history and culture.
- A dhow boat cruise to explore the spectacular fjords of the Musandam Peninsula
- Meander around souqs, forts, villages and ancient city ruins, being immersed in the Omani history and culture at every turn
- Feel like you’ve landed on another planet as you take in the dramatic scale of the landscape around Jabal Akhdar
- Discover the surprising contrast that is the southern Dhofar region. Here, the desert is broken up by pockets of lush green scenery courtesy of the annual Indian monsoon
- Cool off with a swim in a turquoise pool as you explore one of the many wadis (natural river valleys)
Your holiday will include private transport and guides which allows you a level of flexibility and spontaneity. We believe our guides are some of the very best and will bring your travel to life.
As with all our holidays, this itinerary is just a starting point. We can tailor it completely to suit your budget, pace and style. Get in touch to find out how this suggested itinerary could inspire your own adventure.