On this two and half week holiday, you'll get a flavour for southern India by travelling, mostly overland, through Telangana, Karnataka and Kerala. It balances your time between the magical monuments and palaces of the famous cities of Hyderabad, Mysore and Cochin with a complete escape from the hustle and bustle as you discover Nagarhole and Wayanad in rural Karnataka and Kerala. You'll also experience a one-of-a-kind homestay cooking experience in the beautiful Thalassery, where you can relax on the Malabar coast too.
This holiday suits travellers who like to get under the skin of the places they visit, but who also relish getting away from it all in remote environments. It's reasonably well-paced, and the accommodation includes some lovely boutique hotels.
- Having high tea at the majestic Falaknuma palace with breathtaking views of surrounding Hyderabad
- Whizzing around in a tuk-tuk through the back streets of eclectic Cochin with its culturally diverse mix of architecture, cuisine and history
- Exploring the beautiful region of northern Kerala by jeep; home to some of India's most endangered birdlife
- Taking a cooking course at one of southern India’s most authentic homestays
- Walking around the western Ghats staying at the aptly named Tranquil Resort
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.