If you prefer the great outdoors to cities then this could be the itinerary for you. In this holiday you'll enjoy the huge sky and timeless qualities of India’s most famous state; visit sleepy villages meet tribal nomads and look for extraordinary wildlife.
Whilst time is allocated for you to explore Delhi (briefly), Jodhpur and Udaipur (particularly the magnificent forts and palaces which have justly given Rajasthan such a reputation), this itinerary is all about escaping to a side of Rajasthan that very few tourists see.
- Marvel at magnificent Mehrangarh Fort and Jodhpur, ‘the Blue City’.
- Traverse the Thar Desert by jeep and stay overnight in a mobile camp – you'll access regions that are impossible to visit in any other way.
- Enjoy wildlife and luxury in equal measure in Jawaai in Rajasthan’s most remote and wild corner.
- Take treks from the extraordinary marble Jain temple at Ranakpur to the awe inspiring Kumbhalgarh Fort, both iconic sites that seem to have appeared from nowhere!
- Relax, unwind and reflect at Delwara just outside of beautiful Udaipur.
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. We can adjust the timings and inclusions and if you wish to spend more time exploring Jaipur and other cities, we can tailor-make this itinerary to suit. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.