This itinerary gives you a chance to explore the outer reaches of Rajasthan, India’s most famous state. There is plenty of time to explore the forts and cities for which Rajasthan is justly famous, but also to experience off-the-beaten-track, remote, rural and wild regions too. You’ll stay in camps (both mobile and luxury fixed Rajput style), as well as some very special heritage homestays. These heritage homestays give an invaluable insight into the local way of life, as well as being fun and comfortable bases from which to explore the local sights.
- Marvel at the magnificence of Mehrangarh Fort and Jodhpur, ‘The Blue City’.
- Jeep and horseback safari’s exploring the wildlife at Rohet.
- An adventurous and exciting camping safari deep off road into the Thar Desert.
- Mobile mini palaces in the traditional Rajput style at Chhatra Sagar.
- Superb insight into local life in Udaipur at a family run heritage homestay property: a fast track for local society.
This itinerary goes well off the usual tourist trail with some extraordinary experiences, both adventurous and luxurious. The itinerary is arranged to keep costs at a reasonable level – we can tailor-make it to suit.