This holiday is designed to get you away from hustle and bustle of India and step back into a time where life revolves around a more subsistence way of living. You won’t visit any major cities and each place you visit provides a unique insight into rural Kerala and Tamil Nadu in the remote hills and Western Ghats.
You’ll be kept active throughout, climbing two peaks above 2,000 metres and going on lots of walks for bird and wildlife viewing or wandering around exotic plantations. A few days on the beach at the end provide some down time after an extensive overland journey. It’s an ideal holiday for travellers who like to keep away from cities, don’t want to get templed out and who love the outdoors and more simple accommodation.
- Trekking the 2nd largest peak in southern India – Meesapulimala, at an impressive 2640m
- Birdwatching with your private guide in one of the most important bird sanctuaries in India
- Meeting with local farmers at a unique homestay farm experience in very remote Sethumadai
- Watching the sunset from a stunning beachfront location in rarely visited Neeleshwar
- tea tasting at a mountain hut as you trek around Kolukkumalai in the Rhodo valley
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.