We designed this route to help travellers like you escape the hustle and bustle and step back into a time where life revolves around the seasons.
You won’t visit any major cities, and each place you visit provides a unique insight into rural Kerala, and Tamil Nadu in the remote hills and the Western Ghats.
There are two peaks to climb above 2,000 metres, lots of walks for bird and wildlife viewing and time to explore exotic plantations. A few days on the beach at the end provide some down time after an extensive overland journey. It’s an ideal holiday for travelers who like to keep away from cities, don’t want to get templed out, and who love the outdoors and more simple accommodation.
- Trekking the 2nd largest peak in southern India – Meesapulimala, at an impressive 2640m
- Birdwatching with your private guide in one of the most important bird sanctuaries in India
- Meet with local farmers at a unique homestay farm experience in very remote Sethumadai
- Watch the sunset from a stunning beachfront location in rarely visited Neeleshwar
- Taste glorious tea at a mountain hut as you trek around Kolukkumalai in the Rhodo valley
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.