A peaceful and gentle family exploration of one of India’s most beautiful regions: the south west interior and coast of India, from Karnataka through Kerala. From your entry point in exciting Bangalore, to historical Mysore with its magnificent palace, to peaceful and stunning Northern Kerala, this is a real once-in-a-lifetime chance to explore the quieter and more peaceful sides of the Indian subcontinent.
A frew highlights:
- Explore the magnificent Mysore Palace as well as colourful markets, temples and historical sites.
- Stay on the edge of lovely Nagarhole National Park, home to Tigers, leopards and much other wildlife, as well as lovely scenery besides.
- Cruise on your own boat on the northern backwaters – a world away from the touristy south of Kerala.
- Enjoy a family-run homestay in the northern spice and tea plantations and get a feel for how life works in this corner of India.
- Relax on one of Kerala’s finest and least visited beaches in a gorgeous but simple beach resort, far from the beaten track
This holiday is ideal for travel during December and the Easter holidays and is a gentle, safe and peaceful introduction to Indian culture. There is enough exploration, culture, scenery and wildlife to keep everyone interested and engaged, whilst leaving plenty of space for some quality family time.