This itinerary is a peaceful and gentle family-friendly exploration of one of India’s most beautiful regions: the south-west interior and coast, from Karnataka through Kerala. From your entry point in exciting Bangalore to historical Mysore with its magnificent palace, to peaceful and stunning Northern Kerala, this is a real once-in-a-lifetime chance to explore the quieter and more peaceful sides of the Indian subcontinent.
A few highlights:
- Explore the magnificent Mysore Palace as well as colourful markets, temples and historical sites
- Stay on the edge of lovely Nagarhole National Park, home to tigers, leopards and much other wildlife, as well as beautiful scenery too
- Cruise the northern backwaters on your private boat – a world away from the more touristy lakes south of Kerala
- Enjoy a family-run homestay in the northern spice and tea plantations and get a feel for how life works in this corner of the country
- Relax on one of Kerala’s most beautiful and least visited beaches in a gorgeous but simple resort, far off-the-beaten-track
This itinerary is ideal for anyone travelling during December and the Easter holidays, and it is a gentle, safe and peaceful introduction to Indian culture. There is enough exploration, learning, scenery and wildlife to keep everyone interested and engaged while leaving plenty of space for some quality family time.