An off-the-beaten-track two-week journey exploring remote areas of Rajasthan from the lake city of Udaipur in the south to the heart of the untouched Shekhawati region, Bikaner, in the north. You'll have the chance to stay in an extraordinary tented camp and a variety of forts and palaces of differing styles along the way, whilst gaining an insight into the different landscapes and ways of life prevalent in these remote regions of the desert state.
Begin your holiday in the low key lake city of Udaipur before heading to rural Jawai for several wildlife safaris and to experience village life. The blue city of Jodhpur has many charming and historic features, while your Jeep safari to remote tribal villages offers an insight into unchanged tribal life. Spend the night in a tented camp in the Thar desert, stay in the small town of Nagaur in a vast, renovated fort and visit the heartbeat of the remote Shekhawati region, Bikaner before ending in Delhi.
- Wander through the local markets and narrow streets of India’s most romantic city, Udaipur.
- Journey to Jawai, a remote and wild area of Rajasthan where you will explore the region and its diverse wildlife on several safaris with a local naturalist.
- Get off-the-beaten-track out west in the wilderness on a jeep safari, immersing yourself in the lives of various tribal villages.
- Ride a camel through the swaying sand dunes as the sun sets before staying overnight in a desert camp.
- Go remote in the city of Bikaner, discovering the magnificent 16th century Junagarh Fort on a private walking tour.
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.