This is a brilliant holiday for families wanting to get a flavour of Indochina’s heritage with a little adventure before retreating to an idyllic hidden Thai beach resort. It would suit families who are already accustomed to Thailand and discover a little further. Likewise, it's an excellent option for adventurous first-time visitors to the region who want to get a sense of the diverse scenery, culture and local life of this captivating and beautiful part of the world.
- Marvelling at majestic Asian elephants at the Elephant Nature Park near Chiang Mai
- Kayaking through jungle-clad hills in the remote Laos countryside
- Admiring picture-postcard views out to the "hong" islands from your beachside hammock on Koh Yao Noi
- Discovering the cuisine of Chiang Mai on an exciting street-food tour; your guide will introduce you to rice noodles with curry soup, Thai coconut puddings and more
- Immersing yourselves in Luang Prabang while cycling around the sites, playing petanque with the residents or exploring the surrounding villages
- Soaking up the atmosphere of magnificent Angkor Wat before sunrise; an early start for a magical experience
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can change this holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive Journey Planner here.