This 3-week, in-depth holiday is the ultimate tour of Laos, taking in the remarkable contrasts of each of its extraordinary regions. From the dramatic mountains and dense jungles of the north down to the sleepy 4000 islands of the Mekong in the south, via the subterranean caves of the unexplored centre and the romantic UNESCO town of Luang Prabang. Travel along rivers and roads passing through majestic scenery, stopping to explore remote villages or French colonial towns, taste traditional food, absorb the magical atmosphere and relax into the laidback way of life.
- Chance encounters with local villagers in the mountains, far away from the crowds
- Taking in the remarkable scenery as you journey down the Nam Ou river aboard your private boat
- Exploring the romantic, beautifully preserved town of Luang Prabang with your expert local guide
- Traversing subterranean rivers through jungle-clad caves in the unexplored central regions
- Discovering faded villas and relics of the French Colonial past
- Visiting waterfalls, searching for dolphins and taking time to relax in the 4000 islands
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.