The Eastern and Oriental Express is a luxury train (sister to the famous Venice Simplon - Orient Express) offering a variety of scenic journeys in South East Asia. The most popular and frequent route is between Bangkok and Singapore and vice versa. En route, you traverse steamy jungles and verdant rice fields as your magical voyage takes you past the temples, traditional villages and colonial sights of Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore.
Train journey routes and dates are fixed. Experience Travel Group can organise your tickets and tailor a full itinerary for you around these. Please call for details.
Frequent routes operate between;
Bangkok to Singapore (4 days)
Singapore to Bangkok (3 days)
- Luxurious, cosy cabins with picture windows and private bathrooms
- Cocktails on the observation deck while you pass lush, exotic scenery
- Fantastic on-board atmosphere paired with fine dining nightly
- An excursion to the famous River Kwai where you’ll learn about the history of the Thailand-Burma railway
- An excursion to Kuala Kangsar in Malaysia
- Crossing the Straits of Johor into Singapore