The strategic location of Singapore and Malaysia in the Malacca Strait has exposed the region to an array of cultural influences over the years, resulting in some of the world's most diverse and tantalising cuisine. This holiday follows a similar route to our “Classic Malaysia” itinerary but with a sharper focus on the varied food. You’ll still get to grips with the culture and history of this corner of the world, whilst trying some delicious meals and snacks!
- Being led through Kuala Lumpur, tasting tempting Indian snacks before passing British Colonial buildings to reach the best hokkien noodles in Chinatown
- Exploring Ipoh and sampling some tasty Beansprout Chicken; the limestone in this area allegedly ensures the absolute crunchiest beansprouts!
- Discovering fruit orchards, dining under the stars and exploring the evening food markets in Penang
- Selecting fresh ingredients at the market and learning to make a traditional Malay meal at a cookery school in KL
- No holiday to Malaysia would be complete without a few days relaxing on a glorious island beach resort...
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.