The northern part of Peninsular Malaysia offers a wide variety of experiences for travellers. This suggested itinerary takes in heritage and food, a glimpse into traditional Malay life, a jungle adventure and a paradise island stay.
- Devouring dim sum and getting immersed in the unique heritage of UNESCO Penang
- Experiencing traditional Malay life at a homestay near Kuala Kangsar
- Discovering wildlife, birds and butterflies in the wilderness of 130 million year-old Belum rainforest.
- Looking out for Rafflesia, the world largest flower (if in season).
- Exploring artisanal crafts, age-old architecture, the Sultans Palace and the famous central markets of Kota Bharu.
- Swimming and snorkelling amongst the turtles or lazing under a palm tree on the beautiful Perhentian Islands.
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.