Combine the cultural highlights and natural wonders of Sri Lanka with the laid-back luxury of the Maldives on this classic trip, featuring some of our favourite boutique hotels.
With your private guide in Sri Lanka, you’ll have the chance to encounter elephants in their natural habitat, explore ancient cities and fortresses, kick-back and soak up the views in the beautiful hill country and discover the hidden architectural secrets of Colombo. A short flight will then take you to the azure reefs and white sandy beaches of the Maldives, where you can relax and unwind in privacy and peace.
- Climb Sigiriya Rock and take a bullock cart ride through the surrounding countryside
- Spot Asian elephants at one of Sri Lanka’s national parks
- Follow pilgrims and worshippers as they pray at the Temple of the Tooth
- Take a scenic train journey through tea-swathed hills and visit a tea factory
- Stroll through Colombo in the afternoon in the company of a local photography, history and architecture expert to discover hidden corners of the city
- Stay in beautiful boutique hotels with plenty of local character