To get from A to B, overland road travel is a necessity in Sri Lanka but we’ve designed this holiday for those who prefer to keep that to a minimum. And you won’t feel like you’ve compromised the experience by not exploring the whole island.
You’ll primarily focus on the dry zone region around the central and northern parts of Sri Lanka. This area has incredible variety so you'll still get a feel for the diverse scenery and culture, from the historical sites in the Cultural Triangle to spectacular mountain scenery and tea plantations, and from the array of wildlife in Wilpattu National Park to some relaxation time on Kalpitiya’s beaches. Along the way, your accommodation will be comfortable and in lovely, peaceful settings, perfect for you to retreat to.
- Head to the Knuckles mountain range for spectacular scenery in the tea plantations
- Take our signature tour of the Cultural Triangle to discover the more well-known sights from a unique vantage point and see how the locals live in the surrounding farmland
- Relax on the beaches of the Kalpitya Peninsula
- Spend a full day on safari in Wilpattu National Park; the protected area is wilder and a lot less crowded than other parks in Sri Lanka
- Services of our in-country support team and your own expertly trained chauffeur-guide
As with all our holidays, this itinerary is just a starting point. We can tailor it completely to suit your budget, pace and style. To find out more about how this suggested itinerary could inspire your own holiday, fill in the form below.