For a small country, Sri Lanka has a huge diversity of animal life. This itinerary has been skilfully planned to provide the best opportunities to observe the endemic creatures in their natural habitat. It is ideal for wildlife enthusiasts and also includes some time at the beach. It is lighter on the history and culture than some of our other suggested holidays but as always we can tailor the itinerary to ensure the balance is right for you.
Visiting various national parks and different parts of the coast you'll have the chance to see Leopards, Elephants, Dolphins, and Whales, and if you are lucky enough, the elusive Sloth Bear, amongst a wealth of birds, reptiles, and invertebrates.
- Discover verdant tropical scenery and lush birdlife whilst based at The Ark, inland from Bentota.
- Witness elephants roaming in the wild at Uda Walawe National Park.
- Escape the more crowded corners of Yala National Park with a superb safari adventure.
- Rise early to catch a glimpse of Blue Whales and dolphins off the coast of Mirissa.
- Services of our in-country support team and your own expertly trained chauffeur-guide.
As with all our holidays, this itinerary is just a starting point. We can tailor it completely to suit your budget, pace and style. To find out more about how this suggested itinerary could inspire your own holiday, fill in the form below.