Cycling in Central Thailand, Kanchanaburi Thailand, Kanchanaburi
A gentle 4 day cycling tour with spectacular country scenery, this journey covers some of central Thailand’s most exciting cultural and historical sites, and is the perfect choice for single travellers or whole families wishing to combine sightseeing with moderate cycling distances. With stretches along the Mae Klong and Chao Phraya River, a trip to the colourful floating market, and plenty of unique heritage discoveries, the tour winds leisurely through the central plains of Thailand with its rice fields, quaint villages, and breathtaking landscapes.
- Browse the displays at the vibrant Damnoen Nam Saduak floating markets
- See the world-renowned Bridge Over the River Kwai
- Stand in close proximity to the Sai Yok Noi waterfall
- Explore “Venice of the East” - the ancient city of Ayutthaya
- Visit King U-Thong’s prized 1357 Wat Yai Chai Mongkol
- See the famous tree-entwined Buddha’s head at Wat Phra Mathathat
- Enjoy a meal in the surroundings of King Chulalongkom’s summer palace
Tour Profile: This four day ride through Central Thailand consists of 120km altogether, and four full cycling days. Primarily flat terrain, each day covers around 30km. Relaxed distances and fantastic sightseeing make this a great tour choice for families with children.
Suitability: Bike riders with all levels of experience will find this trip comfortable and enjoyable.
Trail Conditions: The tour consists of predominantly high quality road surfaces and dirt tracks over flat terrain.
"The Guides were first class. They were knowledgeable, attentive, amusing and really gave the impression that they wanted to ensure we enjoyed their country."