This tour is a fantastic way for adventurous families to experience Thailand from a different perspective. We would particularly recommend it for families with teenage children who wish to travel between late October and May (including Christmas and Easter holidays).
Taking in the street food stalls of Bangkok on foot you’ll then leave the city by bicycle exploring rural Thailand. The River Kwai and the Ancient temples of Ayutthaya are enjoyed on bicycle at a gentle pace. The second part of the holiday takes you south to Phuket where you’ll board a 5 cabin teakwood sailing boat for 4 days exploring the nooks and crannies of Phang Nga Bay. Whilst there is some adventure on this tour it will be relatively light and there will also be time to relax in a hotel resort on either sleepy Koh Lanta or bustling Phuket before flying home.
- Learn about Thai food and culture on a walking tour of Bangkok.
- Cycle through rural countryside and in Kanchanburi province.
- See the world-renowned Bridge Over the River Kwai
- Explore “Venice of the East” - the ancient city of Ayutthaya
- Enjoy sunsets and stargazing spending 3 nights out on Phang Nga Bay.
- Snorkel and swim in the crystal clear waters of Phang Nga.
- Relax on the white sand beaches of Krabi, Phi Phi, Phuket/Koh Lanta.
This tour incorporates 4 days cycling; details of the difficulty level are as follows.
Tour Profile: This four day ride through Central Thailand consists of 120km altogether, and four full cycling days. Primarily flat terrain, each day covers around 30km. Relaxed distances and fantastic sightseeing make this a great tour choice for families with children.
Suitability: Bike riders with all levels of experience will find this trip comfortable and enjoyable.
Trail Conditions: The tour consists of predominantly high quality road surfaces and dirt tracks over flat terrain.