The ultimate authentic holiday to The Maldives, this itinerary lets you get an unparalleled insight into local life with accommodation in comfortable guesthouses.
Since 2009 travellers have only been permitted to stay on inhabited Maldivian islands, so this is a truly new experience and certainly not your typical Maldivian holiday. It will appeal to the discerning traveller who wants to balance the classic Maldives picture-postcard resort with the opportunity to meet the locals and get to know them and their way of life.
- A guided cultural tour of Male, including a visit to the local markets, 17th century mosque and 3rd November 1988 Memorial
- Fishing for your own incredibly fresh BBQ dinner cooked at your guesthouse
- Breakfast with a local family who'll share stories from their everyday life
- Maldivian crafting lesson including woodwork and palm weaving - you can take the pieces home with you as a wonderful memento
- Cookery lesson with a Maldivian family where you'll learn how to prepare traditional dishes, perfect for wowing friends back home
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive 'Journey Planner' here.