Besides the famous Halong Bay, the northern part of Vietnam also has the beautiful World Heritage Sites of Trang An Ecosystem and Phong Nga National Park. Discover Vietnamese food, culture and history in Hanoi before veering off into the countryside by train to Trang An (in the Ninh Binh area) and Phong Nga - Ke Bang National Park.
Phong Nga is home to the world's largest cave and limestone region. Choose between an overnight camping expedition exploring several caves or day treks, kayaks or cycle tours.
Spend the last few days of the holiday at the beach near Hoi An, where you'll have time to combine pure relaxation with a taster of the beautiful local town and surrounding countryside.
- Pull up a stool with the locals and sample popular street food snacks in Hanoi
- Weave through the countryside aboard the Reunification Express
- Explore underground rivers and the remarkable geology of Phong Nga - Ka Bang National Park
- Visit markets to buy fresh ingredients and try your hand at cooking classic Vietnamese dishes
- Relaxing on a gorgeous sandy, tropical beach
As with our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Please find out about our exclusive Journey Planner here.