This holiday is a family-oriented exploration of Borneo's Sarawak state followed by time in Penang and a beach adventure in Langkawi.
This suggested itinerary includes a Langkawi beach where the weather is great from December to April/May. If you'd prefer to travel in the summer and autumn months we would suggest staying on in Borneo for the beach part of the holiday - talk to your travel consultant to tailor your perfect tour.
On this holiday you will see the villages, explore the jungles, take boat cruises and spot dolphins, monkeys, butterflies, rare birds, and reptiles. There will be a chance to meet orangutans and plenty of fun at the beach too.
- Watching proboscis monkeys flock to the beach to gather crabs in Bako National Park
- Looking for Irrawaddy dolphins playing in the water in the Kuching Wetlands
- Exploring the immense cave chambers, stalactites and stalagmites of Mulu National Park - by foot and on a thrilling longtail boat trip
- Watching the enormous colony of bats as they emerge from Deer Cave (Mulu at dusk)
- Trying freshly made dim sum on a street-food tour of Penang
- Relaxing or exploring on the beautiful island paradise of Langkawi; pristine rainforest fringed by white-sand beaches
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can change this holiday to suit your budget, style, and expectations. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.