If you can spare a little extra time, then there is no better way to explore Vietnam than by train. Follow the route of the 'Reunification Express' from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City via paddy fields, mountains and ancient ports.
As well as taking in the scenery whilst on board, you'll have plenty of time to see the sites with our unique guided tours in each place you visit.
- Watch the lush and varied scenery unfold from your vantage point on the train
- Set sail on picturesque Halong Bay aboard a traditional junk boat cruise
- Explore the sights of Hanoi and Saigon, the highlights and some hidden gems
- Discover the ancient town of Hoi An and its surrounding countryside
- Relaxing on a quiet beach near Nha Trang
The train carriages are not luxurious, but most are comfortable; talk to our Vietnam experts if you are concerned about the quality and would prefer to travel some sections of the journey by car or plane instead.