If you can spare a little extra time then there is no better way to explore Vietnam than by train. Follow the route of the 'Reunification Express' from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City via paddyfields, mountains and ancient ports.
As well as taking in the scenery whilst on board, you'll have plenty of time to see the sites with our unique guided tours in each place you visit.
- Watching the lush and varied scenery unfold from your vantage point on the train.
- Setting sail on picturesque Halong Bay aboard a traditional junk boat cruise.
- Exploring the sights of Hanoi and Saigon, the highlights and some hidden gems.
- Discovering the ancient town of Hoi An and its surrounding countryside.
- Relaxing on a quite beach near Nha Trang.
- High quality hotels throughout.
The train carriages are not luxurious but most are comfortable; talk to our Vietnam experts if you are concerned about quality and would prefer to travel some sections of the journey by car or plane instead.