The majority of visitors to Sri Lanka stick to the same parts of the country. This holiday covers the less-explored northern half of Sri Lanka, taking in its unique wildlife, local culture, and pristine beaches. Veering away from the usual tourist trail you’ll uncover some of the island's best-hidden gems such as the Jaffna Peninsula, the beaches of Trincomalee, the wildlife of Wilpattu and the rural life of Anamaduwa. There is also time to enjoy an Experience Travel Group signature tour of Colombo en route.
The north and east of Sri Lanka have great weather in the European summer months, especially in May and June, when the rest of the country is experiencing the south-western monsoon.
- Seeking out wildlife in Wilpattu National Park
- Experiencing rural Sri Lankan life at The Mudhouse near Anamaduwa
- Exploring history and culture in the towns and islands of the Jaffna Peninsula
- Relaxing on the secluded and untouched beaches near Trincomalee
- Discovering a side of Sri Lanka that most other tourists miss
As with all our holidays, this itinerary is just a starting point. We can tailor it completely to suit your budget, pace and style. To find out more about how this suggested itinerary could inspire your own holiday, fill in the form below.