This Sri Lanka highlights itinerary has been expertly crafted to include our finest local experiences and our favourite tried and tested boutique hotels, strung together at a nice pace. It's the ideal itinerary for first-time visitors who want to see the main sites but, knowing the country as well as we do, we also ensure you’ll explore in a little more depth than you would on a run-of-the-mill tour package.
In brief, you’ll not only explore the sights of the Cultural Triangle but you’ll also get an insight into typical rural life. You’ll take in the beauty of the lush hill country in a less-explored part of this region and encounter abundant wildlife from the least busy part of Yala National Park. There is also time to relax in a quiet spot on the coast and to learn about the influences that have shaped the country’s culture as you discover the fascinating colonial past of Colombo.
- Take our signature tour of the Cultural Triangle. Not only will you discover the more well-known sights, you’ll also discover how the locals live in the surrounding farmland.
- Board Sri Lanka’s most iconic train for an unforgettable journey through the scenic, tea-clad hills
- Go on safari with your specialist driver, spotting wildlife such as elephants along the way
- Enjoy a few days of relaxation away from the crowds, on the palm-fringed beaches of the southern coastline
- Private chauffeur-guide throughout.
As with all our holidays, this itinerary is just a starting point. We can tailor it completely to suit your budget, pace and style. To find out more about how this suggested itinerary could inspire your own holiday, fill in the form below.