This amazing adventure includes a spectacular two week bike tour through the remote south of Laos overland into Cambodia. Discover the furthest reaches of the ancient Khmer Empire as you travel by bike through coffee plantations, stunning national parks, and along the Mekong River. Observe the farming activity in the paddy fields, greet the fisherman, relax on a unique island, and explore Cambodia’s ancient Angkor complex. This one-of-a-kind cycling experience highlights the rich cultural heritage and diverse belief systems of these three fascinating countries. The tour begins with 3 days in the Thai capital Bangkok and ends with 2 days in the Cambodian capital Phnom Penh.
- Uncover the back roads of Bangkok with your experienced local guide.
- Traverse beautiful and remote parts of Thailand, Laos and Cambodia by bicycle.
- Visit the tea and coffee plantations of the Bolaven Plateau
- Discover colonial Champasak
- Irrawaddy dolphins: these rare and beautiful creatures are nearly extinct
- Island relaxation on Don Khone in Laos’s 4000 islands.
- Ride through the beautiful Cambodian jungle
- The Ancient temples of Angkor
Cycling Tour Profile: Quiet rural paths allow for relaxed riding without much traffic. Much of the terrain covered is flat, with a total distance of 750km. This unique cycling experience is perfect for history and archaeology buffs, and anyone fascinated by the ancient relics of South East Asia, with plenty of sightseeing along the cycling paths.
Suitability: Novices and experienced riders alike will appreciate the flat terrain accompanied by a few small ascents. Distances of over 80km are sometimes covered in one full day, with an option to transfer by vehicle available. Smooth road surfaces mean easy riding, so anyone with a moderate fitness level will enjoy this tour.
Trail Conditions: The roads are of good quality, with mostly tarmac surfaces.