History, both ancient and modern, comes alive with this circular tour from Luang Prabang. You'll travel to the mysterious Plain of Jars, and onto the underground cave city of Vieng Xai. The beautiful scenery, a unique night safari wildlife tour and a boat trip down the Nam Ou River, makes for an incredible holiday.
- The atmosphere of magical, ancient Luang Prabang
- Walka amongst the mysterious Plain of Jars, hundreds of stone jars littered across the Xiengkhuang Plateau
- Explore friendly villages, perched dramatically on the edge of mountains
- Discovering what life was like living in the Vieng Xai Caves during the Vietnam War
- Float down a remote jungle river in the dark, following the trail of tigers on a night safari in Vieng Thong (November to April)
- Cruise down the stunning Nam Ou and Mekong Rivers, exploring forgotten villages and a Buddha cave along the way
As with all our holidays, this itinerary is just a starting point. We can change it to suit your budget, pace and style. To find out more about how this suggested itinerary could inspire your holiday, contact us today.