Info : Laos Heritage Trail
History both ancient and modern, comes alive with this circular tour from Luang Prabang. You'll travel to the mysterious Plain of Jars, and onto the underground cave city of Vieng Xai. The beautiful scenery, a unique night safari wildlife tour and a boat trip down the Nam Ou River, makes for a very interesting holiday to Laos indeed! Suitable for those with a sense of adventure, an interest in history and getting off the beaten track.
- The atmosphere of magical, ancient Luang Prabang
- Walking amongst the mysterious Plain of Jars, hundreds of stone jars littered across the Xiengkhuang Plateau.
- Exploring friendly villages, perched dramatically on the edge of mountains.
- Discovering what life was like living in the Vieng Xai Caves during the Vietnam War.
- Floating down a remote jungle river in the dark, following the trail of tigers on a night safari in Vieng Thong (November to April)
- Taking a small boat cruise down the stunning Nam Ou and Mekong River, exploring forgotten villages and a Buddha cave along the way.