Discover the lesser-visited areas of Sikkim and West Bengal, India’s mountain kingdom, on this immersive and slow-paced two-week visit. With an emphasis on visiting rural towns and villages, this itinerary gets you away from the major urban areas and provides opportunities to gain a greater insight into the Sikkimese ways of life.
Along the way, you will stay in small, humble properties with local staff. It’s slow-paced enough to allow you time not only to uncover the highlights with your knowledgeable guide but also space to give each fascinating destination the attention it deserves.
This discovery of Sikkim and West Bengal works particularly well for those who have ventured along the more trodden trail and are wanting to see a different side of India and the Himalayas. Hikers and birders will particularly enjoy this scenic state.
And, for those looking to travel greener, you might like to visit Lachun, the village that has banned single-use plastic...
- Jumping straight into the hustle and bustle of city life in Kolkata, discovering the highlights of the city with your local guide
- Staying in small, humble properties like converted ancestral homes with local staff in Sikkim and West Bengal
- Getting an insight into rural Sikkimese life by embarking on walks through Himalayan villages, taking part in cooking classes and visiting a working monastery
- Travelling at a slower pace, allowing you to take in each destination and spend time relaxing in your scenic surroundings
- Ending your time in Sikkim with a memorable and atmospheric aarti ceremony in a unique setting
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style, and expectations. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.