Discover lesser visited areas of natural beauty of Southern India during this two week holiday with a particular focus on the region's abundant birdlife. Visit several sanctuaries and travel through the lush western ghats, known as a treasure house of endemic species, as well as the closely protected wildlife of Bandipur National Park. Beyond birding, you will explore the tea plantations of Valparai, immerse yourself in local life in rural towns, cool-off in the greenery of the Nigiri Hills and wander through the fascinating city of Mysore.
- Discovering diverse bird life with local naturalists in several sanctuaries and parks.
- Exploring Valparai’s remote landscapes through forest treks in an area full of wildlife including some of the most endangered varieties of hornbills.
- Experiencing village life at a working farm and taking a jeep ride through the area’s rocky outcrops and lush hinterland.
- Spot elusive big game on sunrise and sunset safaris in Bandipur National Park.
- End your journey with a visit to the Rangananthittu Bird Sanctuary, home to some 170 exquisite bird species.
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.