Discover lesser-visited but beautiful areas of Southern India during this two week holiday. There is a particular focus on the region's abundant birdlife, exceptional for casual and serious aficionados. Visit several sanctuaries and travel through the lush western ghats, known as a treasure house of endemic species, as well as the strictly protected wildlife of Bandipur National Park.
Beyond birding, you will explore the tea plantations of Valparai, immerse yourself in local life in rural towns, cool-off in the greenery of the Nigiri Hills, and wander through the fascinating city of Mysore.
- Discovering diverse birdlife with local naturalists in several sanctuaries and parks
- Explore Valparai’s remote landscapes through forest treks in an area full of wildlife, including some of the most endangered varieties of hornbills
- Experiencing village life at a working farm and taking a jeep ride through the area’s rocky outcrops and lush hinterland
- Spot elusive big game on sunrise and sunset safaris in Bandipur National Park
- End your journey with a visit to the Rangananthittu Bird Sanctuary, home to some 170 exquisite bird species
We provide private transport for your holiday. Private means you will enjoy flexibility and spontaneity. We use chauffeur-guides and local site guides: we train our team regularly and vet to include only the very best. They will bring your travel to life.
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style, and expectations. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.