Take some time to explore this lesser visited state of India and be wowed by incredible history, architecture, national parks and relaxing on the sacred Naramada river at Maheshwar. On this journey you’ll travel overland by trains and with your driver to maximise the on the ground experience. It’s a genuinely off the beaten track experience.
- Explore alternative Delhi with a walk of the old town let by a former street kid turned expert guide.
- Take the train to Gwalior and stay in a former palace.
- Get up close and person to the wildlife in Satpura National Park on foot, by jeep and even on a boat.
- Discover the tale of the Begums of Bhopal with local a historian and discover how this Islamic city, was rule by women for 3 glorious generations.
- Relax in one India’s finest and most off the beaten track fort hotels in Maheshwar, one of the most magical towns in India.
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.