Take some time to explore this lesser-visited state of India and be wowed by incredible history, architecture, national parks before relaxing on the sacred Naramada river at Maheshwar. On this journey you’ll travel overland by trains as well as with your driver to maximise the on-the-ground experience. You'll really get away from the tourist trail with this itinerary.
- Explore alternative Delhi with a walk of the old town led by a former street kid turned expert guide
- Take the train to Gwalior and stay in a former palace
- Get up close and personal to the wildlife in Satpura National Park on foot, by jeep and even on a boat
- Discover the tale of the Begums of Bhopal with a local historian and discover how this Islamic city was ruled by women for three glorious generations
- Relax in one India’s finest and most off-the-beaten track fort hotels in Maheshwar, one of the most magical towns in India
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.