An excellent holiday itinerary for families wanting to discover the “classic” highlights of Myanmar with a unique, off-the-beaten-track adventure thrown in.
Travel will be by rail, river, lake and road and you'll explore hidden temples, local villages and floating markets. There are cycle adventures, canoe trips and elephants too. There is plenty to keep all ages captivated and this holiday especially suits families with teenage children.
It's an exotic feast for the sense, and you will create memories that will live with you for ever.
- Travelling by boat from remote Loikaw to Lake Inle looking out for peculiar temples poking out of the water. A magnificent off-the-beaten-track experience
- Getting up-close to rescued elephants close to the charmingly colonial town of Kalaw
- Discovering the magnificent temples of Bagan
- Rattling through the Shan Hills on a local train journey from Lake Inle to Kalaw
- Spending a day with the villagers of Yandabo on the Irrawaddy River
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.