This exciting three week tour of Myanmar takes in the main sights and some special destinations off the usual tourist route. You’ll experience the must-see sights of Yangon, Bagan, Mandalay and Lake Inle in a customised way and you’ll discover less-visited spots like Loikaw, Kalaw and some remote villages along the Irrawaddy River.
Uniquely, this holiday is designed using alternatives to domestic flights on nearly all routes. This makes for a fantastic way to absorb the atmosphere and scenery of the country in a way that many visitors miss out on. Of course if you would prefer to fly, for speed or ease, then this can be arranged too.
- Travelling by boat upstream from Loikaw towards Lake Inle; a great way to arrive at the lake and passing the peculiar sight of 100's of Buddhist stupas poking up out of the water en route.
- Rattling through the Shan Hills on a local train journery from Lake Inle to Kalaw.
- Climbing to the top of Popa Taung Kalut for superb views out towards Bagan and the extinct volcano of Mount Popa.
- Getting a flavour of remote village life along the Irrawaddy River.
- Enjoying our distinctive twist on the main sites of Bagan, Yangon and Mandalay.
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.