This exciting three-week tour of Myanmar takes in the main sights and some unique destinations off the usual tourist route. You’ll experience the must-see sights of Yangon, Bagan, Mandalay and Lake Inle in a customised way and you’ll discover less-visited spots like Loikaw, Kalaw and some remote villages along the Irrawaddy River.
We designed this itinerary to use alternatives to domestic flights on nearly all routes. It's a fantastic way to absorb the atmosphere and scenery of the country in a way that many visitors miss. Of course, if you would prefer to fly, for speed or ease, then this can be arranged too.
- Travelling by boat upstream from Loikaw towards Lake Inle; a great way to arrive at the lake and passing the peculiar sight of 100's of Buddhist stupas poking up out of the water en route
- Rattling through the Shan Hills on a local train journey from Lake Inle to Kalaw
- Climbing to the top of Popa Taung Kalut for superb views out towards Bagan and the extinct volcano of Mount Popa
- Getting a flavour of remote village life along the Irrawaddy River
- Enjoying our distinctive twist on the main sites of Bagan, Yangon and Mandalay
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive ‘Journey Planner’ here.