This is a Sri Lanka and The Maldives holiday with a twist, suiting travellers who want to experience the Indian Ocean nations authentically and in comfortable surroundings. After a carefully crafted 8 day itinerary in Sri Lanka, rather than being whisked away to your resort on landing in The Maldives, you'll see the real culture and people of this thousand-isled nation with a guesthouse stay on a local island. Of course, you'll also be able to experience the classic Maldivian resort to let you completely unwind in luxurious surroundings.
- Explore UNESCO heritage Sigiriya Rock Fortress at sunrise or sunset with stunning views over the tropical forests of the cultural triangle
- Taste a fresh cup of tea in Sri Lanka's famous hill country and visit a tea factory
- Relax in a colonial coconut plantation
- Discover the city of Male that climbs out of turquoise water of the Indian Ocean
- Sample traditional Maldivian food including tapas style, melt-in-your-mouth hedikaa
- Enjoy the luxurious life in a picture-postcard Maldives resort
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive 'Journey Planner' here.