Borneo is a fantastic family destination: the wildlife, marine life, indigenous culture and tropical surroundings are the perfect ingredients for an unforgettable holiday together. This suggested holiday itinerary takes in some of the best highlights of the country; it will please all ages with a combination of fun and interactive activities, wildlife spotting and beach fun. The accommodation is family-friendly, and the pace has been set to avoid too many flights and long journeys.
- Experience being guests of indigenous people in a country homestay
- Explore the bird and butterfly life in the extraordinary World Heritage-listed Kinabalu Park
- Interact with rescued orangutans in Kabili-Sepilok Forest Reserve.
- Look out for elephants, proboscis monkeys, orangutans and more as you sail along the Kinabatangan River.
- Relax and reflect on Gaya Island beach resort: brilliant snorkelling and interesting jungle trails too
As with all of our suggested itineraries, we can tailor-make your holiday to suit your budget, style and expectations. Find out about our exclusive Journey Planner here.